Friday 23 January 2009

Look what finally got done this week...although it turned out nothing like we imagined! A lot darker than we planned but I guess these things happen. Probably a bit of a shock as well as we have lived with the yellowing floors for the past 8 years...now to just move everything back in (maybe some rugs might in order now!).
And this is mostly for my mum...I have been after an antique doll for quiet sometime but something a little different...so here she is, an early 1900's Coleman Walking Doll also known as a Birdcage doll. She needs a little bit of a clean up and yes...a new arm maybe but I think she's pretty unique. The guy I bought this from in America on ebay was not a happy chappy...he was rather shocked at how much I got her for! Now on the search for some lovely old clothes.

1 comment:

Chris Kauffman said...

Those floors are gorgeous . WOW