Saturday 17 November 2007

New hobby

I have started going to beading classes of a Wednesday evening with my mother-in-law and, just recently my sister-in-law so thought I would show off my first creations...although not very good photos and they do look so much better in real life (even if I do say so myself!! he he). This is my very first one and you can wear it with or without the heart...it is made with grey pearls and little silver spacers in between.

This one I made with jade and swarovski crystals, the second photo shows up the crystals better.
and this one was using 2 different shades of purple pearls with crystals and silver beads and spacers in between
Today I discovered a beading shop in Richmond, I could have spent hours in there. This is the little stash I came home with.

On another note, I received my free shaggy quilt last week. This is it on my bed and also a close up. I have been looking for a queen size one to go in my new bedroom (when it is finally finished). I absolutely love these quilts. Am thinking of doing my room with a feature wall behind the bed in a deep beige/caramel the rest in white watsonia and then pinks/florals on the bed.


Well I must fly, off to a BBQ at the in-laws then home to bed ready for a lovely day tomorrow in Windsor at the markets and the new Shabby Chic shop, Oh Faux Real and fish and chips on the river with Mum & Dad.

No comments: