Sunday 28 October 2007

Almost there...

Well I had grand plans of having the new living room finished today but alas it was not meant to be. My hands were starting to ache from holding the paint brush all day so didn't get to do the architraves and frames. But it will definitely be finished next weekend.

I was almost in tears as I opened the tin of paint and started cutting in as the colour was nothing like the sample pot I had tested on the walls...it was definitely different. So I rang the paint shop and he checked that they had done the correct measurements of colour etc. which they had and then said that apart from spending another $135 to get another 10ltr tin in a different colour, there was nothing they could do. Hubby kept trying to reassure me and told me to wait until it was all finished and see what it looked like and if I really really didn't like it we would repaint! What a treasure (as my mother would say).


Well guess what....we both LOVE it! The photos below don't really show up the colour very well but it is pretty much what I had envisioned.



So next weekend we will finish off and then the most exciting part...furnishing the room!! This is the lounge suite I am getting...although not sure on going with the white or beige? What do you think (bearing in mind the 3 year old munchkin!!) They are removable covers so that is a big plus and maybe I could go the white and buy the beige slip covers? Oh decisions, decisions... (I am going for the three seater). I am also going to get the single seater as well and again decisions, decisions about that cover as well.


My darling wonderful fabulous father (is that enough sucking up?? he he) is coming with us in his car and trailer to pick up all the furniture. Oh happy days...

I also started a quick project of painting my hall stand so will update shortly with before and afters.


Well off to rest my soon to be aching arms...

1 comment:

rozhearts said...

Well it is aboit time you got to the painting and it looks great from the photos.
Now about the lounge choice !!!!!!
You are totally MAD guess you will keep it covered in the plastic wrap until the little munchkin is a teenager then I would still worry. LOL. Hope to see it all soon.
((((((HUGS))))) Mum