Tuesday 17 June 2008

So this is what I've been up to the last week or so...painting, painting and more painting...and still not finished. Although don't think that will be possible for a long time yet!!
I decided to tackle the dining & lounge room as I was definitely over the yellow. Here is the mess we have been living with! I do love this new colour, although it doesn't come up very well with my camera. It is called Hogs Bristle by Dulux and everything seems to go well with it.
Also thought I would show some before and afters of our extension/renovation of the outside as I don't think I have put them on here before. There is still a way to go mind you. I just love seeing before & afters on peoples blogs...

I didn't get to take a photo of the back "before" they started demolishing it but basically it just had a big covered deck coming straight out of the back (coming out of the french doors stepping straight onto the deck) and it also had an outside laundry which is now inside.

We removed the old garage as it was on a major lean and made of asbestos (which my darling father & husband removed - carefully!!). We are all amazed that it was actually still standing as there were only 3 posts still touching the ground. It was replaced by a slightly bigger than single garage (and not for use by the car...oh no, it presently holds all the stuff we can't fit into the house!!).


And to finish up with my gorgeous little man...and yay he finally fits his Thomas jumper that my Nan made him. This is an extra special jumper and a long time in the making. Thanks Nan xx.

4 comments:

Sheree Milne said...

oh he looks so cute in that jumper... love the before and after shots of the house it definatley does look much better now...hope your having fun with the painting lol..

see you on sunday
your fav sis
sheree

Elle Jay Bee said...

Wow, what you have done to your home is amazing!! It looks terrific!!

What a cutie that little man is...!!!

Linda

Chris Kauffman said...

I had no idea you put so much work into your little cottage, it is so sweet, I hate painting, it is messy and long , I wish I could just pay someone to do it for me , but I am too cheap to spend money paying someone else when I could use that money for other projects ,like new floors.
I love your place, the inspiration photo (brown bedroom)pushed me back to brown , I love my brown do you like your bedroom like that as well?
Chris

Porchlight Interiors said...

What a beautiful home you are creating. Love seeing the before and afters - very inspiring.